Sunday 24 April 2005

CHOOSE LIFE: A DIALOGUE

As I have finish reading the book on CHOOSE LIFE: A DIALOGUE by Arnold Toynbee and Daisaku Ikeda: Part I, Chapter 1 on The Basic Human Being. I have find something very interesting.

1) Human Knowledge.

As I continue reading the book, I find these two people are full of knowledge, they can discuss topic of sex, psychology, science, human instinct and religion. Ikeda, the President of Soka Gakkai International and Arnold Toynbee an International Sage are now prove to me a human can gain knowledge to a level where many people will envy. The reason why I envy them is that they both possesses extraordinary knowledge and able to give specific example on certain issue and provide reader and teach one another something interesting and new.

2) Sex Education / Human Understanding of Sex

Many human beings still believe having SEX before marriage is a big deal. Some may even say SEX shouldn’t be discussed in the open air. As other may say, to have SEX without love is outraged such as Prostitution or One night Stand.

As my personal point of view, Sex is part of our human life. Certainly, there is reason to set rules to limit SEX to be discussed in public or market openly. Conservative or Open-minded of the culture certainly play important rules. Many have related SEX to religion or today’s society’s culture. As science has teaches us how pregnancy works, the hormones that create two human beings to get involve with the desire to have sex and the understanding of human body parts.

Based on the book, they related to human dignity. It is our human dignities that create rules on SEX and to govern our human organ and life. It seems to be a way human has work to differentiated ourselves for the non-human animal and also because we possess the feeling of self-consciousness.

3) Science and Religion

Many story in the past related to the conflict of science and religion, even so today. Religions such as Catholics, Christianity, Muslims, Hinduism, Buddhism and Orthodox have been challenge by science one way on another. The common conflict still exists even though that both are for the betterment of human life.

For example, Catholics or those conservative religious political party leader like JOHN HOWARD :P cannot accept the lesbian/gay marriage or existence, is just so wrong. This is because it has been proven by science that, many cases of this people to be lesbian or gay is just because of their hormones or mixed of genes if looking into western influence teaching by Mendel and Morgan or the Russian influence teaching by Lysenko the environment.

In my personal point of view, Ikeda and Toynbee, make it clear that human history religion and science are complimentary to one another to awaken all human beings to a realization of their essential value. Ikeda made a point on that if we assume this responsibility; we can explore the complementary relations between those two in order to find a way to make religion more accessible to all human.

Certainly, I am proud to tell you this book is given by my dear as my birthday gift, which at first I kinda disappointed with it at first because I was hoping to get something that I can use. But after reading this book, I find that this book is not just a gift to me but something more. It possesses me with new knowledge and understanding how to become a better person and to understand more about life. Well certainly, my love towards my dear will not be missing out because when reading the book, it keeps asking me question back about Yo and the dad. I don’t know why the dad but, he seem to come into my mind also as I have questions for him and how he can teach me more about Ikeda educating the SGI and my curiosity over Soka Gakkai in these sense.

Thank you my dear, I wish we can build a lasting long relationship for the better and worst moment and never be apart in our heart. This will be one of my most memorable present ever received.

Current Book reading social time reading:- CHOOSE LIFE: A DIALOGUE by Arnold Toynbee and Daisaku Ikeda.

No comments: