Monday 27 June 2005

Decision

Life has been full of decision making, some decision is for better good and others are for worst bad. We never know what decision we made is right or wrong till the day come. Today, I have made up my mind and courage to resign from my position as General Secretary of Curtin Student Guild, for one simple reason, “Selfishness”. It seem that I am going through a lot over the months trying to find my true self again but never quite getting there.

Today, I feel I am getting to the place where I want to be. To be one of the top international student representative and not a student representative, what is the difference? Being an international student representative only deal with international student issue and a student representative deal with all student issue, I was once told that not to take up the position and advise to just let others do it but I choose to go for it for the better of international students’ voice. Now, I realize I have been ashamed by other student representative; I have failed my fellow international students.

I guess I should have not take up anything and go back home, I might change my faith even with my dearest Yoyo. It seems that now my life is all upside down without direction feeling lost and unwanted. It makes me feel I lost everything, everything I built over the years. I try my best to made International Students Committee (ISC), a well-known student representative not only on-campus but off-campus as well… I guess I have not manage to do it… and I believe that Tiffany, this year have done it. I used to think that maybe it is what I did last year that craft ISC this year but I was wrong. The reason why I think so it that I don’t have a good public speaking and good English to communicate my ideas, no one seems to understand me.

Decision to change one’s life
Now, I believe that if I can’t craft a better person of myself. I will never be able to serve my fellow international students. I will try my best to read more books to understand my issues, so I can be more prepared, more resourceful and more knowledgeable. I will take my remaining time to ensure that I do my best in my study and show to others I can do it; I can be the best in things I do. I am Jacky Teo….. I can change the life of international students in Western Australia, I can make them feel like they are welcome and represented properly and accordingly. I have quit my job as Gen Sec, and now I will do what I love and without regret make it the best organisation in WA, and Australia. Both ISC and NLCWEST will have to be effective and efficient, where all international students want to know about and join. It will be my aim and objective to stay focus and shall not divert my interest and do all my best.

I hope I can do it, no matter what I must do it. I have to…. Decision I shall not regrets. Hope my parents will forgive me for giving them extra burden, I will make sure that, their hardship and love will be great endure and appreciated. Thank to my parents, Sister, My dear Yoshiko and all my friends. I will prove to be a worthwhile person again. I will and I must.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah!! This is a big turning point for Jacky Teo. However, letz hope that things will turn better =). Life is unpredictable, that's why it's interesting. Think positively and be more open-minded. Also try to understand and control yr emotions better so that you don't often overwhelm by negative events. Take care o, adios.

--- ReGiNa ---

HUI LIN said...

Jacky,

You did more than you think, not everything is the best but you did a great job!!! GANBADE!!
We all are here to support you!!!

hui lin

Anonymous said...

we'll respect and support u in any decision u make.


chrissieee

Jocy said...

don't push yourself too much...people who love you, love you for who you are..not who you can be...i'm proud of you ah kee koko ;)

Jacky Teo said...

thanks for all ur comment really need all those support at the moment... :D